Introducing Boys Middle School Tackle Rugby and Youth Tag Rugby
Introducing the Fort Hunt Warriors Middle School and Youth (Grades 5 -8) Rugby Program
Dale Roach, Fort Hunt Warriors Head Coach and Director of Rugby, states ‘this is one of the most important decisions we have made in the last ten years and is the future of this program. We are delighted that our youth rugby team will be coached by several experienced local & international coaches who are ready to build a successful team that supports our community.“
The Fort Hunt Warriors (boys rugby) are adding Middle School and youth teams to our already successful high school program. The Fort Hunt Warriors high school program, which will begin its fourteenth season in 2024, has won the Virginia state title seven times over the last thirteen years and has established itself as one of the premier rugby teams in the United States, sporting a record since inception in 2011 of 162-39-1. We seek to play the best teams in the country, and we know that the only way to get better is to play the best.
Why Choose the Warriors Program?
- We develop strong young players who will become America’s next generation of leaders.
- Rugby is more than just a sport; it is a way of life that instills and constantly reinforces values of teamwork, discipline, and respect. Our program will help your child develop into a well-rounded individual who is a good teammate.
We develop young rugby players to build a lifetime love for the sport.
- Rugby is a fun, fast-paced, and exciting sport your boy will love. Our program will teach them the skills they need to succeed on and off the field and develop a passion for the game. The USA is hosting the Rugby World Cup in 2031, and 12-year-olds in 2024 could make this 2031 team.
We provide a safe and family-oriented program that strengthens our community.
- We are committed to providing a safe, family-oriented environment where your boy can learn and grow. Our coaches are experienced and dedicated to the well-being of our players.
What to Expect
- Hybrid touch/tag and tackle rugby: Our program will introduce your boy to both touch/tag and tackle rugby in a hybrid approach. This will allow him to learn the fundamentals of the game and develop their skills in a safe environment.
- Play every week: Players in good standing will have the opportunity to play in both touch/tag and tackle rugby games each week. Players will be able to test their skills and develop their confidence throughout the season.
- No child turned away: We believe every child deserves the opportunity to play rugby. We will not turn away any child who wants to play, and we will consistently sponsor players to cover their membership and USA Rugby fees.
Fort Hunt Youth and Middle School Rugby competes in two divisions:
|Boys Middle School Tackle U14
Join the Warriors Family
We are looking for families with young athletes who are passionate about learning and growing. If you are interested in joining our program, sign up at FortHuntRugby.org
We will begin practice on Tuesday, January 16, at 5:30 pm on the West Potomac High School practice field.
- Our coaches have deep experience teaching both touch/tag and tackle rugby.
- Our program is open to all 5th through 8th grade boys
- Practices will be held at West Potomac High School on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Games will be played on Saturday against other local youth rugby teams.
We believe that travel, especially international travel, is a catalyst for growth and learning for our players. The Warriors use donations and sponsorship money to ensure that all players have a chance to travel regardless of their means. Every two years, the Warriors go on tour overseas.
For more information, please contact Coach Dale Roach at CoachRoachJr@gmail.com or call/text 571 926-0709.
Warriors players exemplify our core values: H.I.T.:
- Honesty: Did you give an honest effort today? Are you honest with yourself, your peers, and your coaches?
- Integrity: Are you true to your word? Do you stay true to our goals and core values?
- Trust: Can your teammates, coaches, and community always trust you to do the right thing?
These are the words that we live by….
Learn more and sign up at: FortHuntRugby.org